Ariston MicroGenus 23 MFFI Hot Water query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have the above system, I know (old and not the best) however it has served me well, considering it was already fitted in the property when I moved in.
Earlier this year I had the main and secondary heat exchangers replaced by British Gas (long story - they didn’t need changing but as they were BG they insisted, however back then the problem still persisted so I didn’t get charged for it; it was a faulty expansion vessel in the end!)
Anyhow I currently have a problem where the hot water downstairs or upstairs is tepid even when the dial is cranked up to max.
Heating works fine.
I have narrowed it down to the 3-way valve (can hear radiators ticking when water is drawn), however I have a query.
Do I need to drain the system down to remove it? This is so I have inhibiter at hand (added 2 bottles of Fernox F1 in October so will be gutted if I have to)
Also, does the lead on it come off easily? Do I just pull it off or is there a technique to it?
That’s it really.
Would appreciate the guidance as the lack of “hot” water is making for a quick bath at the moment

Sponsored Links
check you cylinder stat first before you change the three port valve

check you cylinder stat first before you change the three port valve
Which one is this please?
Do you have a link so I can read into it?
It’s not the temperature probe is it?

It's a combi boiler. Given the questions, replacing a diverter is likely to be beyond you...call someone in.

Sponsored Links
sorry read this post wrong when you said three way valve I thought you had a system boiler, my bad

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back