Ariston Microgenus 23 MFFI sounds..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

First time post so sorry for any issues. Just moved into a new flat in London, top floor Victorian conversion. Two bed. Came with a Ariston Microgenus 23 MFFI Combi boiler. Couple of issues we’re having & unfortunately it’s the version without fault lights. Just so you know Hot Water & C.H. do work fine.

I) Consistant low-pressure. Sits just above 0.5 hot water or CH. have tried increasing but when twisting both valves connected to the corded inlet pipe. Nothing. No noise either so assuming it’s not a busted pressure gauge.

II) The boiler lights up every 30 mins to keep the ambient temp up. But when it lights a loud whirring/gurgling sounds is heard. Sounds linked to the timer? And isn’t heard when normally using hot water or CH.

III) General drone/whirring noise when on - less bothered about this. It’s an old boiler and not going to as quiet as newer models.

Any help on the auto-light noise and pressure would be great!! Thanks!
Sam.

Sponsored Links
Pressure should be OK there. If its a built in filling loop then I would suggest that's shagged.

Test your mains off the washing machine valve then consider getting an external filling loop fitted. Then worry about the other issues if they remain.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Also if I remember correctly that model runs best with min 1.5 bar pressure, under that and can be temperamental

Thanks for your replies. It has an external filling loop (see photo) but nothing happens when I turn the blue handles. There’s a flat head screw at the end of the filling pipe set to off, but when turned it leaks.

How do I test the mains off of the washing machine valve?

Thinking it is pressure related...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 337
That classed as an internal filling loop; and as with all of them, was schit.

To test the mains, you need a pressure guage from toolstation or Screwfix. Disconnect the machines hose from the service valve and connect the test guage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back