Ariston MicroGenus 23 MFFI

So annual gas usage for an average household is around 13,000 KW/hr?
That would suggest a 30kw boiler running for one hour each day...
What a crock of shyte.

Sponsored Links
Make sure your not being billed on an old imperial meter reading, the gas suppliers info isint always up to date so they may have you down as having a dial meter, if that's the case when you give the readings of your digital meter they use a conversion factor which triples your consumption, worth checking out as your use seems high.

Definitely checked and it's billed correctly, however the issue isn't the bill but the usage.

Hot water usage high ?
Not sure what you are asking me here.
My concern is that i have a high gas usage when boiler is working, be it CH or HW as indicated by my meter reads and lifestyle (not always at home and CH only used 4 hrs a day)
Therefore trying to figure out if adding a x400 sludge remover and draining out the water would help or replacing boiler or if there is an underlying problem.

Sponsored Links
Definitely checked and it's billed correctly, however the issue isn't the bill but the usage.
Usage is low , input rating for the 24 MFFI is around 30 kW.
22,000 kW per annum equates to the boiler being used for two hours a day.:)

Usage is low , input rating for the 24 MFFI is around 30 kW.
22,000 kW per annum equates to the boiler being used for two hours a day.:)
It is a 23MFFI which is around 23.8 kW.
So basically theres no problem? I should just leave as is?
Thanks to all for the responses.

It is a 23MFFI which is around 23.8 kW.
So basically theres no problem? I should just leave as is?
Thanks to all for the responses.
23 KW's ...
That will be output rating , input rating would be around 29/30 kW unless of course it was 100% efficient (gross).

You need to speak to a physics teacher at your school who can help you with simple physics!

Your boiler uses about 30 kW when providing hot water.

However on heating it will be much less unless you had a six bedroom detached house.

A typical semi needs about 6-12 kW during most of the heating season. The max rad output is only going to be around the 12 kW anyway and the boiler would consume about 14 kW to give the 12 kW. But that is a maximum and is not an average.

Why are you so sure that the bill is being correctly charged?

Tony

You need to speak to a physics teacher at your school who can help you with simple physics!

Your boiler uses about 30 kW when providing hot water.

However on heating it will be much less unless you had a six bedroom detached house.

A typical semi needs about 6-12 kW during most of the heating season. The max rad output is only going to be around the 12 kW anyway and the boiler would consume about 14 kW to give the 12 kW. But that is a maximum and is not an average.

Why are you so sure that the bill is being correctly charged?

Tony

The reason I am sure the bill is correct because I have been giving the meter readings myself and checked the calculations on the bill.
Ours is only a 3 bed semi so would be less than a six bedroom detached.
Im going to try fitting radflek behind the radiators alongside some wall rock thermal paper and see if I can bring the usage down. At this time I can only conclude it's a Shiite boiler which was already installed when we moved in 10 years ago.
It's been serviced yearly albeit not properly if it's been by BG and hasn't had a flush even tho radiators all warm up evenly and hot.
Thanks for all the input

Why the fixation on your rads ? how many showers/baths you taking a day and for how long ? combi boilers run nigh on flat out heating water so its easy to burn through a lot of gas in a short time.

None of those little things are going to make any significant difference to the gas consumption. Even servicing properly on that model will make little difference to the gas consumption on that type of boiler.

Have you taken weekly readings so that you can work out the weekly consumption.

Between winter and summer that would work out how much is for water heating!

Tony

Just go and have a power flush if it will make u feel better but I expect your wasting your time

Your gas consumption is the highest when you draw hot water because the boiler needs to work at it's maximum rate to supply it, but it'll only require half of the capacity to heat the house, hence the gas sonsumption is lower during heating. That's how combis work.

You haven't mentioned what the building contruction is; solid brick, cavity wall - insulation or not. If it's sold brick, then it'll take more gas to heat it, and whilst radiator foil (bubble or polystyrene backed) will get more heat into the room, but if you haven't got a room stat, then that'll be causing most of the over consumption.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back