Ariston MicroGENUS II 28 MFFI - Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Newbie here looking for some advice/pointers, bit of a weird one this!

I inherited this boiler when I bought my home 4 years ago. From the ops manual it appears to have been installed May 2007 and I've had it serviced 3 times since moved in. Just recently discovered an issue with hot water.

It has 2 settings 'Economy' & 'Comfort' and I have tended to leave it set at 'Economy'. Up until a few weeks ago the it only produced hot water as required/until I closed off the tap. However it no longer switches off when I close the tap and the water continues to heat up in the boiler! Even when no taps are turned on the hot water is active on the boiler and temp continues to rise make vibrating noises in the boiler.

The only way I can get it to stop is let a cold water tap run for a few seconds until the vibrating stops and then turn the boiler OFF and back ON using the ON/OFF knob on the front panel. The Hot Water is still set to 'Economy' on the front panel.

There is NO issue with the Heating and it is working normally.

Any advice would be welcome.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back