Ariston pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler: Ariston MicroCombi 23MFFI

The boiler serves 4 small rads, pipework is all 8mm microbore.

A few weeks ago I added 3 TRV's to the radiators. Prior to this I had drained the system down. When filling the system back up I depressurised the expansion vessel by error thinking it was an air vent :oops:. I posted a thread on here as I was loosing around 0.2bar over a week, rectified the error by draining the system down and re-pressurising the expansion vessel to 1bar. I then filled the system back up to 1.5bar.

It has been a few weeks now and the problem still occurs. I loose around 0.2 bar over a week I then top it up to 1.5 bar. What I have noticed is that when pressure has reduced by 0.2bar and I run the DHW for around 20 min the pressure will go back up to 1.5 bar.

I have thoroughly checked for leaks on the pipework and have lifted floor boards up and found nothing. I have checked TRV's when CH is cold and there are def no leaks.

Why am I loosing pressure of around 0.2bar a week. Does the fact that pressure will creep up when using DHW have anything to do with things? Or has the error of depressurising the EV ruined things?

Sponsored Links
PRV. From which a pipe runs to out side. It may be dripping and may need replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back