Armoured cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, currently have 1 out side light which is fed using 1.5mm armoured cable, i want to add another light outside.
The current light currently sits in the middle of where the 2 lights which i want to install will be. I was going to use a resin kit to bond the cable to the new cable run it to one light then back to the other. Then i came acros this ;

http://www.lamppostelectrical.co.uk...MM+2/3/4+CORE+SWA+BRANCH+JOINT+KIT/1985930450

Can i just use this to joint onto the original cable in the middle then out to the 2 new proposed lights ?

Sponsored Links
Yep, it looks the right part for the job. How are you intending on joining the cores?

The normal armoured joints i've used you join the cores screwing down till the screw snaps when it reaches correct torque, then fill with resin, i'm assuming it would be the same.

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure, not come across those. Whatever you do needs to be maintenance free and permanent as once it is filled there's no getting back in. I see some grey looking things in the pic but no mention of them in the listing, just the earth continuity kit.
I'd be half tempted to solder and heat sleeve to create a permanent join before resin filling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back