Art

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I paint a lot in by spare time and as by kids are bigger I've cracked out the oils once again. Any other budding artists here?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
are your etchings in pencil or charcoals?......think carefully before you answer this...

I am not that good with painting but I use the camera to build up a collection of images to combine to form pictures. My main tool is Photoshop and I really enjoy the hobby.

As to etching that is another hobby. I like electronics and I do from time to time do etch a copper coated board to form a circuit. I have made printed circuits but at home I don't have the ability to print the circuit onto the board.

I would assume the whole idea of etching is to produce a plate which can be used to produce many copies. Today with computers and printers the whole idea of etching seems rather dated.

I paint as well (oils) but I've been busy lately so I haven't had time to do it in a while. I miss it, though. What's your style?

I wanted to take three subjects at 'A' level as cheaper I really wanted just the maths but also did an 'A' level in Art.

The exam was rather a surprise same paper for Digital photography as for basket weaving, drawing and painting course may be different but paper and qualification is the same.

The phrase 'Art' covers so much yet there is also a lot of common ground. I looked at Turners painting of a local Abbey and from that decided where to position my camera.

With photoshop and similar programs painting in light has become far easier no longer have we got to move bits of card in front of the enlarger to dodge and burn to produce the effects we want this can now be done on the PC or MAC and we can now really paint with light.

In the past to get a 180 degree picture needed either a painter or very special cameras today this picture of the Cafe used in the last of the summer wine is relatively easy to make.

Cafe_Panorama1.jpg

OK I am sure if you really study it you can find the joins and tell me how many images went into this but sure you will see it is very different from a snap shot.

The problem as always is how to show off ones work and we then get into web page design and I want to tell a story with pictures and having one picture follow the next does not give me the flexibility I want so I built a page to give a presentation with between 1 and 3 pictures shown together with writing all for fun See this example of Last of Summer Wine country

So I've shown you mine now let me see yours :mrgreen:

You're right, art as a word can be so wide...

Nice photo, I think I don't need a reply to your other post anymore, haha.

Thank you but I am only a beginner in the local club it would seem an 'A' level in photography is still a beginner in my local club and seeing the other members work I have to admit I am well below their standard.

Sponsored Links
Back