Artex not-so-Smooth it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just tried to use Artex Smooth-it to make a previously artexed ceiling smooth. If you're thinking of trying this product, save your money. I'm sure a plasterer could get it smooth, but then he probably wouldn't be using this product in the first place. I'm going to need a plasterer to smooth out the Smooth-it. Ah well, I'm learning - with a bit of help from folks in this forum.

Sponsored Links
Yeh they dont work i also found out the hardway :cry: At the end i bought myself a cheap £20 electric sander and sanded the ceiling smooth :) better then paying a plaster £150 quid or more to skim it.

Good on you, Wilchild. Unfortunately, I can't sand my ceilings because the artex is old and I believe they used to put asbestos in it. Seems to be a case of 'Your money or you life' :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back