Artexed Walls

Sponsored Links
Yes they can be skimmed over...Are you capable of skimmng or will you need to bring a plasterer in?

Would need to bring someone in. If i did it, it would look worse than the Artex. Have heard there is paints and things you can use to cover it...

Don't know about "paints or things" but I've skimmed over artex a few times, needs the usual "preping" but no problem. I would take it over to painting and decorating and see what them lads have to say.... ;)

Sponsored Links
Depends on the type of artex or pattern thats been used, but I skimmed over mine after using a big jumbo scraper which had a blade practically like a razor on it to scrape off all the nobbly bits :)

Dont forget to PVA.

If i did it, it would look worse than the Artex. Have heard there is paints and things you can use to cover it...
Don’t even think about it; it may look slightly better than the Artex but a total novice will make a pigs ear of skimming & those "paints & things" will identify your efforts as a total bodge forever more; it‘s never going to look right. Even worse, if you cover it all up with wallpaper the whole lot will probably come off the first time you strip it back; but you could always leave that problem for someone else if your that way inclined!

Follow the others advice & get it done properly. ;)

you could always just board over the artex then skim over the new board, but a mate of mine just scraped off the nobbly bits, painted it with bond it, then skimmed over it, and it looked fine.

I removed artex with a steamer, ok it was hard work but it all came off and saved me a packet, lets face it plasterers are expensive.

Use a steamer and some elbow grease and it will come off and spend the saved money on something nice for the room :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back