Artex paper?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, i need to remove some mould from my bathroom ceiling (no problem there). The ceiling itself i believe is artexed. When i was scrubbing away at the mould i noticed in one of the corners the artex was peeling away from the ceiling, but the artex seems to be a sort of carboard artex sheet material.

I have never seen nor heard of this before, i thought artex was a type of textured plaster?

Anyway i have decided to get rid of the artex but im unsure what is the best and cheapest option. Could i just skim over the artex (i was thinking something like easyfill)? Or can i remove the artex if it is actually some sort of sheet material, and then just skim over the plasterboard underneath?

Or is this something that is beyond the diy'er? I am a keen diy'er and i like to get stuck in but i am also aware that plastering a ceiling is supposed to very hard, if not a art :p

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You could overboard the ceiling and skim it but it's not a job for a novice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back