artexing

P

plstering

well i spent a day pboarding and pvaing with food colouring (yelow) to see were iv missed all ready to skim get on site fill water buckets unload the van.
and i get a call (clint:hi m8 can you give me a price to artex the lid not skim it)
(plasterer: er er er yer i gess so you dont want it skimmed now then m8)
(clint: no dont skim it m8 just artex but skim the walls cove it and fit the skirtings )
(plasterer: ok well ill get a price together for the artex then m8 bye) (plasterer muttered under his breth) (!!*!!** !!~*!~)

now im stumped as whats the going rate per m2 for artexing and now iv pva ed the pboard and its dry can it still artex over the top ???????????????????????????????????????

as for the walls whats better to skim over WBA BOND IT or just PVA
as the walls are a bit ****y
and im getting the hump with the pva from wickes as it keeps blistering and boubleing and yes i now how to mix it LOL
i juast want a chnge ei whats better to skim over wba or bond it

Sponsored Links
well i spent a day pboarding and pvaing with food colouring (yelow) to see were iv missed all ready to skim get on site fill water buckets unload the van.
and i get a call (clint:hi m8 can you give me a price to artex the lid not skim it)
(plasterer: er er er yer i gess so you dont want it skimmed now then m8)
(clint: no dont skim it m8 just artex but skim the walls cove it and fit the skirtings )
(plasterer: ok well ill get a price together for the artex then m8 bye) (plasterer muttered under his breth) (!!*!!** !!~*!~)

now im stumped as whats the going rate per m2 for artexing and now iv pva ed the pboard and its dry can it still artex over the top ???????????????????????????????????????

as for the walls whats better to skim over WBA BOND IT or just PVA
as the walls are a bit ****y
and im getting the hump with the pva from wickes as it keeps blistering and boubleing and yes i now how to mix it LOL
i juast want a chnge ei whats better to skim over wba or bond it
im lmao off m8 you pvad the plasterboard on that ceiling you just put up? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: let me get this right you overboarded because you dident want to skim over artex now hes asked you to artex the new board? which you have pvaed?

No problem artexing when pva'd. Did artexting years ago and I sealed the boards first I used to use thinned down white under-coat if I remember right. Also had to feather the joints out on new boards, Paint the artex on with your wide brush mix it up to "doublecream" consistancy and dip brush in and do one stroke one way then one stroke the other way then reload your brush,and carry on , only do about 3 square foot at a time then get your rubber artex stippling brush and stipple that area then same again till you have covered ceiling. when finished run a 1 inch paint brush all the way round the edge of the ceiling. It would be better to cove it first. as for price I am not up with pricing nowadays as all my work is by the hour. You could give him an hourly rate if you wanted. Good Luck ;)There is an easy pattern you could do called "broken leather". you have to tie a plastic bag around your stipple brush and dip it in the artex first so it is loaded up after you have laid the artex on as above, and dab it over the area you have done and turn your wrist back wards and forwards as you hit the ceiling, sounds difficult but you will master it.. ;)

only out of interest but why did you pva the new plasterboards to skim them?? is it a fair sized ceilin and your trying to get the maximum life out of the plaster??
as i said only out of interest no critisisms

Sponsored Links
20ish m2 lid on my tod just to make life easy for my self all PVAed and ready to go as for the old artex it was full of holes and flaking
so i got a load of 12.5mm pboard from wickes knock down price as they were a bit naff £1 each LOVING IT
over boarded the lid scrimed and pvaed all ready to go and WHAM the phone call from hell
****ing hate artexing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back