Artificial grass is it worth putting in my garden?

That was my first thought but at an average price of around £400-£500 does a lawn that size justify such a big cost compared to a quick mowing by hand each week?

Buy a goat, eat it for Xmas dinner, buy another goat

Sponsored Links
That was my first thought but at an average price of around £400-£500 does a lawn that size justify such a big cost compared to a quick mowing by hand each week?

Time is money. Over 10 years, how many hours would you spend cutting, treating, weeding the lawn, how much money on chemicals, mowers, electricity, servicing?

Time is money. Over 10 years, how many hours would you spend cutting, treating, weeding the lawn, how much money on chemicals, mowers, electricity, servicing?

How long do you think artificial grass will continue to look good without some form of regular maintenance, be it washing down with a hose and brushing or hoovering with a vacuum cleaner? Mowing is also beneficial health wise. It gets you off the sofa and doing a bit of physical exercise, be it simply walking with a self propelled mower or actually pushing a manual one. Why do you need to use chemicals on a lawn? If you do use them you certainly do not use them n a regular basis if the lawn is simply watered and trimmed regularly. Any weeds or moss can be picked out as soon as they try to appear.

By the way, 15 minutes a time spent mowing over 10 years at two mows a week for approximately 9 months per year equals roughly 180 hours. You could easily make that time back up by getting out the bath/shower a few minutes earlier each day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back