Good Morning Most of my garden consists of turf soil. Coul

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning

Most of my garden consists of turf soil. Could somebody be kind enough to suggest the best and cheapest way to cover it?

I was thinking of putting in grass or artificial grass, or block slabs. Any more suggestions greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
The quickest and cheapest thing to do is put grass seed down but it all depends on what your ultimate objective is that will determine the best long term solution. Seed will cost about a fiver per box but will take a few months to get established and requires cutting! If you opt to seed, now is the right time of year.

Well, no more suggestions than you've already stated.

If you do it quickly, grass seed or turf can be put down now (not so much once it gets colder).

Or slab it. All of your options (grass of some sort, plastic grass or block) are clearly very different so it depends what you want to use it for...

Sponsored Links
Why do you want to cover it? what is it that you want at the end of the day? how large is it and what state is it in now?

post a photo if you can.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back