Asbestos f&e tank,get rid were?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I finished a nice 7 rad & combi installation yesterday,but i had to return today to figure out how to get rid of the old f&e tank. It's the old asbestos type tank,very very heavy,so i had to ask my neighbour's lad to come and help me move it from the bathroom cupboard,we have got it outside and had to smash it and bag it. I will be ok,with paying a few bob to get rid,as the lady was really nice and looked after me all week,so i want to help her but im getting nowere. Has anyone had to get rid of these before and how.I will be grateful of any help given ,thank you

Sponsored Links
Have you tried your local council?
I know ours does hazzardous waste collections. Don't know if they charge or not though

Yes,thank you anyhow.I have rang council dept,local tip's and the last one a local goverment ran campagn to stop dumping,told me "we have your phone no,any asbestos tanks found dumped we will have you".nuts isnt it

don't know about your area, but around here they put cctv up at a place that was popular with fly tippers. and a warning sign that anyone caught might face a fine of 35 quid. it does not say what the maximum quantity is for that.
i am all for responsible waste removal, but what are you supposed to do when you go to when you show up at the tip and they tell you to take a hike?
i include in my quotes that the customer has to take care off waste removal.

Sponsored Links
I've replaced twin cold water storage tank which was in asbestos, with a seal type tank. I put it to one side and get a asbestos removal contractor who removed it for me. I leave anything which may be asbestos.

Have a look in Yellow Pages. There some in. :idea:

I paid the bin men a fiver to rid me of the last one, whch got heaved into their crushing wagon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back