Asbestos Pt 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Howdy,

I was a little concerned with a few potential asbestos sources but these are not asbestos. My neighbour redeveloped his house and is an experienced developer and he said the only asbestos he found was pipe lagging in loft and I think I have it too (see photo)

Does that look like it asbestos lagging? My neighbour hasn’t seen it.

he said get a mask and spray it with PVA water mix to bond it.

I’m happy with the risks in doing it myself - as it’s in a loft I doubt much risk as airflow is up away from us....

Any comments on this or ideas what professional removal would cost?

it looks a bit frayed in that join that’s come apart so would like to treat it rather than leave it.

thanks

Attachments

• B86B81C8-23A3-4723-AA35-D758AC6256B4.png
    B86B81C8-23A3-4723-AA35-D758AC6256B4.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 251
Sponsored Links
On the water pipe I can see what appears to be sponge rubber insulation with a small gap between two sections. If you squeeze it and it feels like sponge rubber - it is. (Use a rubber glove if you are nervous.)

What the other fluffy stuff below it is I do not know. It could be some form of ceiling insulation.

+1 Bog standard foam insulation (not very good quality, given)

Sponsored Links
Foam pipe lagging and bog standard glass wool insulation.
No asbestos in the pic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back