Ascenta 8 mini alarm issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help?
Have the above alarm system in the house. Was not working and not fixed due to house extension.
Have now tried to fix it by placing new battery in - this did start the alarm working but it would not reset, show a fault. There was no red indicator light on the panel either.
I have checked there is power into the panel.
Changed all fuses with new ones.
No resolution and now new battery is dead! No power to key pad now either.
There doesn't seem to be any burnt out parts/components visible inside although there is some heat/dust marking around the transformer.
Every alarm company I speak to says they'll not touch it and wants to sell me a new one!!!
Help!
Many thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
Without a multimeter and the skills to use one your going to have to get someone in ...
With a multimeter you would check the following
Mains into the panel 240v Ac
Mains from internal fuse to transformer 250v Ac
Ac voltage from transformer to pcb 17-21v ac depending on panel
Then dc voltage from pcb at aux , battery leads, bell, keypad, all around 13.8 dc....
I find some so called installers don't even do these basic checks after going to a job that someone had been out to 3 times replaced the battery twice . Not surprised when it was outputting 25v dc ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back