Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into a house with a Euro mini alarm plus a pyronix v2 tel unit. Never had a problem with it, but we don’t actually use the alarm often. We came home to the internal speaker making a constant alarm and the main alarm panel showing error code 485 loss of Comms please wait. No buttons worked. One of the rcds on the mains fuse board had blown and would not re set until much later. There is a fuse spur next the the alarm body in a cupboard so I tried pulling that to silence the internal alarm. No affect. This morning, the whole alarm system is dead (and silence at last!). I tried resetting the external fuse again and the alarm came to life looking normal for about a minute, then dead again, even though it should have mains power. Is there an internal fuse that may have blown with a power cut maybe? Then I’m guessing the internal alarm was sounding because it was running on battery? Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I just opened the main casing and checked all of the internal fuses. All fine. Closed back up and re powered. This time it seemed to be working. Stayed on. I haven’t yet tried powering with the battery disconnected. Display showed battery fault 100 so guess it needs a new battery. The V2 tel display just showed squares and couldn’t be used. No buttons worked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back