Disabling Unused Castle Tech Euro Meridian Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved house about 18 months ago, to a property with a Euro Meridian alarm already installed (the alarm uses 'tags' and we have been given no codes).

My wife and I decided that we would use the alarm, due to the poor siting of the control panel and could not afford to have it moved at that time.

Last summer, we received a couple of letters from the alarm company, stating that the annual maintenance contract was due for renewal - which we ignored due to the above. A couple of weeks later, we were awoken at 3am with the external and internal sounders going off. The panel showed a fault and the tags would not reset the unit! Anyway, we called out the engineers and got them to silence the internal alarm and disable the external unit.

I explained that we did not use the alarm, but the engineer left it connected to the mains.

Move forward to ths weekend. I was doing some electrical work and had to switch off the mains. At the same time, I thought I would remove the fuse for the alarm system, as we did not use it and it was wasting energy (and costing me money!).

Anyway, the mains failure internal alarm sounded, which we reset with the tag. However, 48 hours later, the internal alarm sounded which I could not reset with the tag and had to put the fuse back in to silence it. The unit now shows Call Engineer Battery Fault 100.

Two questions:
a) Is the alarm likely to go off again - assuming no further mains faults.
b) Is there anyway that I can depower the whole unit without having the alarm sound and no engineering code?

Sponsored Links
you probably cant, it is meant to activate when it is tampered with, which is what you are doing as far as the alarm is concerned.

All i can suggest is you start outside and do it during the day, literaly take everything down.

You could also call a few other alarm companies and ask do they support your panel and how much for a contract. to see if it is cheaper than the one who contacted you.

sorry I can not give you the exact answer you wanted. :cry:

Sponsored Links
If you find the main control panel, there will be a backup battery inside, this will power the internal siren and keypad should there be a mains fault.

Also your outdoor siren will have a back up battery for the same reason. if you take the outdoor siren off the wall, be aware that it will go off and will be quite loud.

Just unplug both the battery and the cable connecting to the main unit. this will stop the outside unit.

Inside, open the main control unit and unplug the back-up battery then remove the main fuse, this should turn off everything you should no longer have any trouble.

Hope this Helps :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back