Asda Mobile Move Networks......Again!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure all ASDA Mobile customers are aware by now, but in case you are not, they are in the midst of a switch from EE to Vodafone.

Oddly, they were with Vodafone back in the 2000s, but chose to switch to EE.

I was with them during the switch and it was a right kerfuffle.

People got disconnected, then couldn't get through to CS, a royal mess.

Two weeks ago, my Mum asked for a new SIM for her new phone, but it hasn't arrived yet.

She found out after calling about it that the switch was happening.

I have not been round her house with a Voda-SIMmed phone for a few years, but last time I did, it was awful reception.

Hopefully, it has improved, otherwise she will have to swap to another EE-powered MVNO.

Sponsored Links
Hopefully, it has improved, otherwise she will have to swap to another EE-powered MVNO.

There will still be BT, Plusnet and Virgin piggybacking on EE as well as...EE.

What phone does your mother have and does she have broadband? Many phones now have the ability to route mobile calls through the broadband connection automatically if the mobile signal is poor. My iPhone does that and my Samsung did it too.

Last edited:
Not Virgin. They were shifting to Voda but all on hold as O2 are buying them out. If that goes through Virgin will piggy-back off them instead.

Matty, my lad (also Matty!) has a spare SIM with GG, and so do I.

But I'm not sure whether my Mum has decent O2 reception. If she does, winner!

Sponsored Links
Absolutely, as gg to gg calls are free (I thin they still are) then your mum will enjoy long waffles with you for free.

Hmm, you may not think gg is such a good idea now lol

Back