assistance required - connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
changed some floor boards the other day, under the floor boards, there is a electric cable supplying the power to the alarm, the connection is made in a terminal block with insulation tape covering the connection.

this connection has been like this for for alongtime (14 yrs)never had any problems should i do anything?

also there is another cable not connecting to anything the end is in terminal block with insulation tape. Again should I anything.

Sponsored Links
if you know what your doing then i would better than leaving a cable in a terminal block under the floor, i would rather do it in a juntion box nice strong connection and nice protection for said connection, i would also cap off the other cable properly IE crimps and then tape it up or just use a junction box because face it if your laying a floor your not gonna want to get down to it anytime soon :) so if you know its a nice strong new connection i dont see the problem with it

any screwed connection must be accessible.either replace the piece of cable or through crimp it inside an enclosure

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back