connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick question, I lifted the floor boards in the bedroom the other day and noticed.

There is a connection made using a terminal block, the terminal block is covered with insulation tape. The connection is to the outside light, which does not work because the bulb is dead and the screws on the fitting are rusty and the cover is impossible to open. The light was put on about 15 years ago and the bulb has been out for a long time.

As the light is not working is it ok to take the wires that lead to the light out of the terminal block, and leave the terminal block under the floor boards

And if i were decide to buy a new light, would the terminal box need replacing with a junction box, or is the current connection ok.

Sponsored Links
Providing that the cable from the terminal block only feeds the outside light then it can be disconnected,i recommend doing away with the terminal block and replacing it with a junction box!

Which MUST be accessible....

So if it remains under the floor boards then laminated flooring cannot be laid and fitted carpets will have to be liftable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back