Assistance with floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted earlier re floorboards that are damaged in my victorian house. They are a difficult size to replace 170mm width and 18mm depth. I only have random ones that need replacing and wondered could i get some timber 18mm depth and have it cut the correct width and then put it were required. The ones down are t&g but can i just but the new timbers up against them. I am a bit stumped with what to do really, dont want to take the flooring up and replace with chipboard.
Thanks Lee

Sponsored Links
That's what I would do, I cut down 18mm ply for repairs.
T&G board is much better as it will not flex, but for the random odd bit, I would go with ply.

If you are worried about the boards deflecting in well used areas such as near doorways then you could always fit a noggin under the floor to support the joint, or fix a piece to the underside of the exsisting board to form a rebate or lip for the new board edge to sit on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back