Best way to secure studwork to concrete floor

how thick is the concrete?

The fixing really only needs to resist shear (sideways movement) as the wall is unlikely to recieve any upwards stresses. Bearing this in mind you could drill through the sole into the concrete but only far enough to set some studs with epoxy resin. When the resin is dry you can spin a nut on and tighten it up. Even just 30mm will be plenty provided the stud is a tight fit in the hole and you clean out the dust before using the resin.

I can see this as a potential solution.

If there's a screed, the easiest method is to use masonary nails. No screed, just concrete, then screw and plug. Personally I would use dpc under the plate.Steve

Not sure how much of a screed there is to be honest, or even whether it is simply rubble under a screed of sorts. My money is on a cheap job, whatever it is.

Why not screw 10" x 6" zinc batt plates to the underside of your sole plate. Then fix screw thro the overhanging plate to the floor. You still use a dpc too..

http://www.screwfix.com/p/nail-plates-76mm-x-152mm-pack-of-50/35844

something like this

Yeah, another option.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back