Fixing stud partition top plate between joists.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

Building a stud partition on ground floor. Joists running perpendicular on bottom and parallel in the ceiling. I can't move the position of the wall and accessing ceiling joists to install noggins is tricky as new floors have been laid. There was an old partition in the same place were I plan to build the new one. I was wondering what other options I have? If I have to lift the new floors and lift floor boards I will but would prefer not to. If the sole plate is fixed to joists and the uprights are fixed to block will it matter much? I have found one noggin (I presume was from the old wall?) in the ceiling space but that's it. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Fix to the one noggin the wall will be fine. Keep your uprights snug and it will not move.

Where we have been close to a floor joist we have used an angle bracket chiseled into the ceiling then the little bit of ceiling repaired.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back