astra engine trouble... help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok, first off plz bare with me, I'm typing this on my phone, lol.....
so I recently bought a 53 plate vauxhall astra, had nout but probs from the start, tbh its been in garage for longer than I was able to drive it, anyways the prob at the moment is the engine, was driving it and started making a very strange noise, like a demented steam whistle, coming from drivers side if the engine, then I lost all power and the engine cut out, called out green flag, he reckoned engine seized, however I was still able to turn car over ut it would not start. got the car to a garage and they looked it over, turns out the cam sensor wasn't attached properly, once it was the car started, not the end of the trouble though, now it sounds very unhealthy and there is exhaust coming from engine block and a sensor had melted too, the mechanics not sure what the problem is so they stripping it down a bit, bent piston was considered but not agreed upon. all I know bout the muppet I bought it from was he saus he was a mechanic and he's done a service before I bought the car, although not. a very good one as I had an oil leak fixed which turned out the was no gasket on oil pump, he'd just put some sealant round it, so any ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
Personally I'd be looking very carefully at the timing belt / water pump area on the offside of the engine - it does involve removing the plastic covers to see whats what though.
John :)

that's a fair point john, forgot to mention when oil leak fixed we had cam belt replaced too, but water pump, il suggest to mechanics, Ty

Sponsored Links
Back