At last! An advantage to foglights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was being tailgated on the M25 last night. But thankfully, the moron had his foglights on so I didn't get dazzled (they were safely down at ground level).

How considerate of him! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Fog lights used like that mean 'move over Im fast & you are going to slow' :LOL:

Diyisfun said:
Fog lights used like that mean 'move over Im fast & you are going to slow' :LOL:

Fog lights used like that mean 'I'm a complete w****r move over Im fast & you are going to slow' :lol :LOL: :LOL:

I've always thought that part of the reason for road-rage is a lack of communication possible between drivers.

The only way you can effectively pass a message to another driver is by way of horn or lights... and both are generally considered aggressive (even when not intended that way).

Now, imagine if all cars were fitted with something like CB-radio, but car-specific (perhaps a transponder code identical to the registration number). Imagine this could be done:

Driver behind: "Excuse me, would it be any bother if you could let me past?"

Me: "To tell the truth, I would rather be driving more quickly but this is the speed the traffic in front is driving at"

Driver behind: "OK, well what speed do you intend on driving at once the road is clear?"

Me: "I was thinking 75, maybe 80"

Driver behind: "I was hoping to go about 90... do you think you could let me past when it's clear?"

Me: "Sure, no problem!"

Now wouldn't that have been much more productive and less stressful? :LOL:

Also, the increased communication would help get rid of the "I'm in my private metal-box" mentality that we are all subject to.

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
Driver behind: "Excuse me, would it be any bother if you could let me past?"

Actual transmission: "Get out my f*kin way you w*ker!"

Me: "To tell the truth, I would rather be driving more quickly but this is the speed the traffic in front is driving at"

AT: "I'm not moving in a month of Sundays cos you're an a*hole and I'm enjoying watching you seethe in my RVM!"

:LOL:

Many people have remarked how when walking in a busy pedestrian precinct, people seldom start shouting at one another because one person is dawdling, or bumped into someone else. If you need to get by, most people with intelligence above a brick know that phrases such as "excuse me" and "could I just" help immensely.

So, I was thinking if we could apply that level of personal communication to driver-driver interactions, things would be a lot easier and less stressful. Obviously if Mr Irate is shouting "Oi, get out of my way, I've got a BMW 316 and am so very important and want to get past so I can get to the annual paperclip sales-rep conference with time for a w*nk before it starts!", then you would almost certainly ignore them, or even say "And that's my problem WHY?"...

Personally, I would relish asking "And what's the magic word?" to irate drivers on my back bumper :LOL:

AdamW said:
Personally, I would relish asking "And what's the magic word?" to irate drivers on my back bumper :LOL:

Abracadabra ??

AdamW said:
I was being tailgated on the M25 last night.
Slow down a tad, wait until he's got someone on his tail, then brake test him. There's a very good chance he'll jam his on full in a panic, and get rammed.

Ban, you've got an eeeeevil streak I never noticed before ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back