At my wits end with this heating system PLEASE HELP!

• Thread starter iateyoubutler
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Are there any that are basic/simple in operation these days?
Well my floor standing ,open flue, Potterton Kingfisher 2 is ...... but I'm keeping it.. then a heat only intergas to replace it . Sod the extra gas i Might use....and the pilot light is free ( I think);)

Vaillant were the first manufacturer to monitor flow and return temps...but they failed to do sufficient testing.
Problems first ocurred on their T'max Plus combis and have plaqued the brand ever since.
The heat exchanger in the 400 series is French designed and very prone to blockage...AFAIR the rumours were that the French Vaillant division had something to do with the software in
the 400s and they didn't really take account of the UK heating systems, the algorithm is very sensitive to flowrates through the the boiler.

I've inherited the Glowworm equivalent...the Hxi (rebadged as the BG 330)

No other manufacturers boilers have so many issues...

The 9-24Kw Worcester Ri models have been around since 2005 virtually unchanged....simple boilers, very few problems, easy parts, quick check each year and a full service every 5.
I've got the older 12 Kw system version of that model just doing an unvented cylinder ...fires up and after a single burn shuts down, no messing. £10 to £12 per month for out hot water.

KDF...it was all a big con..they didn't get their Beatles and the holiday camps were there purely to brainwash the public..same with the Soviet Union.

Well my floor standing ,open flue, Potterton Kingfisher 2 is ...... but I'm keeping it.. then a heat only intergas to replace it . Sod the extra gas i Might use....and the pilot light is free ( I think);)

That`s what I was looking at as a possible replacement. Any good? I`ll buy the Potterton off you!!!

Sponsored Links
Vaillant were the first manufacturer to monitor flow and return temps...but they failed to do sufficient testing.
Problems first ocurred on their T'max Plus combis and have plaqued the brand ever since.
The heat exchanger in the 400 series is French designed and very prone to blockage...AFAIR the rumours were that the French Vaillant division had something to do with the software in
the 400s and they didn't really take account of the UK heating systems, the algorithm is very sensitive to flowrates through the the boiler.

I've inherited the Glowworm equivalent...the Hxi (rebadged as the BG 330)

No other manufacturers boilers have so many issues...

The 9-24Kw Worcester Ri models have been around since 2005 virtually unchanged....simple boilers, very few problems, easy parts, quick check each year and a full service every 5.
I've got the older 12 Kw system version of that model just doing an unvented cylinder ...fires up and after a single burn shuts down, no messing. £10 to £12 per month for out hot water.

KDF...it was all a big con..they didn't get their Beatles and the holiday camps were there purely to brainwash the public..same with the Soviet Union.

Didn`t know they were that bad..... I only went for the Vailliant with this one because I had a Vaillant combi (early 1990`s vintage) in my last house, and that was a lovely boiler, so I thought I was playing safe. Wrong! So this series of boilers are a bit of a joke by the sound of it?

Didn`t know they were that bad..... I only went for the Vailliant with this one because I had a Vaillant combi (early 1990`s vintage) in my last house, and that was a lovely boiler, so I thought I was playing safe. Wrong! So this series of boilers are a bit of a joke by the sound of it?
Oh meant to ask, is the Worcester you mention a heat only unit?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back