Atmos or Intergas

• Thread starter Brightonguy
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest Tony, you stand need calling for a Ban!
What with your constant advertising, dangerous gas advice and poor plumbing advice
This is endemic on this forum. None have come up with anything constructive. This Doitall fellow was questioning that three pumps were fully pumping through a 22mm pipe all the time, which was sort of positive. I pointed out that heating circuit can run off a full 15mm flow and return due it its demand, so the 28mm header will suffice - and it does.

I upped the shunt pumps speed to 2 this morning and looked the header, it is hot at one end and cool at the other. It mixes with the cool water coming back on the heating returns, on start up indicating that the shunt pump is pumping right through the header - and the two heating circuits worked very nice taking heat from the header working very independently of each other and the boiler. I reset the shunt pump to setting 1, as it worked very nice on No. 1, so that it uses no more electricity.

I may have the inclination to replace the header with a 35mm one and see how it goes - I doubt it will be much better.

BTW, the boiler is set to 30% of maximum.

Sponsored Links
Hey alexcarp maybe you could educate us numbnuts and calculate the mixing temps through that 28mm header? , now we don't want guesswork as you have the flow rates and temp differential @ your disposal.

I've tried calculating mixing temps but I must be doing something wrong as my calculations suggest the header shouldnt have a cold slug between primary flow/return.

:confused:

:p

- and the two heating circuits worked very nice taking heat from the header working very independently of each other and the boiler.

See you at it again or cant you remember say the header is cold.

As I said probably on page 1 or 2, you cannot have 3 pumps thrashing away and no circulation through the header, of course as everything is undersized, the 2 pumps could stall the header and even reverse the flow making the shunt pump pointless

The header is nothing but a glorified by-pass pipe, circulating in the wrong direction and against the shunt pump.

Turn the boiler and shunt pump on with the heating pumps off, when the header is hot, turn the heating pumps on and watch it reverse direction in the header.

Ps, I know its a Wilo pump, I would have thought with all the bullshit you posted so far you'd have notice it was green, to conclude I don't think you even have an Intergas boiler, and possibly not any boiler.

Sponsored Links
I am working thanks.

It's called multi tasking. Facilitated by having a smartphone (hence the signature) and a queue of traffic.

Now. How about answering those questions?

Oh, sorry

You can't :LOL:

So your stuck on the phone whilst driving. Thats illegal btw.

And if that's not bad enough giving guff on here during working hours. :LOL: :LOL:
OOh dear.

As the CEO of your business I think you need to take a step back and have a think. :idea:

Thank you Nobcorn - but sitting in a queue of traffic at a level crossing with the engine off is hardly illegal.

Thank you very much.

And I am in the office now working. As the Director of my business I will post when and how I like.

When I need business advice from a farm hand I'll ask if you don't mind.

Mr Crap - instead of trying to call people out, why not answer their questions?

- and the two heating circuits worked very nice taking heat from the header working very independently of each other and the boiler.

See you at it again or cant you remember say the header is cold.

As I said probably on page 1 or 2, you cannot have 3 pumps thrashing away
It has been explained to you many times and gave the results. I cannot help it if you cannot comprehend.

Thank you Nobcorn - but sitting in a queue of traffic at a level crossing with the engine off is hardly illegal.

Thank you very much.

And I am in the office now working. As the Director of my business I will post when and how I like.

When I need business advice from a farm hand I'll ask if you don't mind.

Mr Crap - instead of trying to call people out, why not answer their questions?

You call giving guff on a diy forum "working" then?

You can call it what you like Nobby. I don't give a monkey's for your opinion as you know.

Mr crap - why not post a picture? Afraid? Or would it simply prove that your are spouting shyte?

Oh, and I can read perfectly well thanks. I have a degree in it.

You can call it what you like Nobby. I don't give a monkey's for your opinion as you know.

Mr crap - why not post a picture? Afraid? Or would it simply prove that your are spouting shyte?

Getting shirty are we?

Off. that's the problem with crossings round here. You have to wait a while.

the one in Foxton is a bloody nigthmare if it catches you.

Not that it is ANY of your business.

Now run along there a good chap.

Getting shirty are we?

Why edit out your question Nobby?

And no I am not shirty. What's the point - this is an internet forum and you are a joke. Distracted maybe as I am supposed to pricing a job this evening and haven't got a price i need. But then the drawings I have from the design company are wrong anyway.

You know the kind. The ones that spec stupidly oversized stuff that just won't work properly. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back