Attached side triple garage 2.8 meters wide to replace with brick extension but house is only 4 meters wide

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The garage is an old wooden garage that I don't think had any planning permission (how could I check?). Looking to replace in brick and tile however looking at permitted development rules I can only extend sideways half the width of the house thus 2 meters. Is the only way to obtain permission to extend out to 2.8 meters as per the original building structure to apply for full planning permission and if this is refused can I then apply for permitted development extending out 2 meters?

Also, at the rear I am looking to extend out by 1 meter.

Sponsored Links
Permitted development is just that, permitted you don't have to apply for anything from a planning aspect.

If your refused planning permission it doesn't affect what you can do under pd.

Hello, thank you appreciated will probably apply for Planning permission but might try and sound them out re extending sideways greater than 50% of the front of the house before applying..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back