Attaching a 44x44mm baton to a solid wall + another question about damp walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.
Total novice here that could use some really specific directions on what to do here.
I need to screw a 44x44mm baron into a solid wall. Could anyone link me to exactly what I need to buy to achieve this in the simplest way possible - ideally the plugs I’d need, the screw I should buy, and then the drill bit I’d need to use - very much appreciated.

also, a second question that’s related.

elsewhere in my home I need to do the same again, but I need to do it against a wall that is very likely damp inside. The wall has been skimmed, and I’m worried that if I drill into it, I will then leech water from the wall into the plastic. It’s a basement flat, and this wall is essentially in the ground. Would love some advice going forward on how to drill into this while ensuring that I keep my skin coat dry and free of any moisture that might start coming through from the hole. Failing that, is there an alternative way of attaching the baton to the wall in this instance?

thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sorry, it's me, I used an email to log in and didn't realise I'd registered twice!

The baton is for a frame I'm building for a laundry basket in the first instance, and in the second instance, the wall is definitely not tanked. It's an outside wall technically that we turned into an inside wall when we moved the front door.

Sponsored Links
upload_2020-4-14_23-28-26.jpeg
A laundry basket ?
upload_2020-4-14_23-28-26.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back