Attaching Ditra Matt to Screed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I know it sounds strange but I have been asked to tile my wife's aunts lean to floor! The lean to is of pvc conservatory (about 20 odd years old) type with a screeded floor that they wish to have tiled. They have complained of water coming up through the floor, however I suspect it may be where the door frames have not been installed and sealed correctly. To ensure it is completely water tight I wanted to install a waterproof membrane first and seal this around the door frames etc.

Does this sound ok - if so should I use the same flexible floor adhesive as used for the tiles?

Thanks

Mike.

Sponsored Links
If you have a concrete floor does the slab have a membrane below it?
What kind of screed is on the floor?
What kind of floor covering was previously down?
You have to be pretty certain as to where the water is coming from - is it rising, penetrating or condensation?
Is the inside floor higher than the outside ground level?

Photos would help?

Last edited:
Hi Vinn,

I'll try and get pics the next time I'm there. There was no previous floor covering, they step out of their back door down onto concrete, this is the lean to area, not sure about any DPM below this. I'm almost 100% certain the damp is coming from the poor door fitting.

Cheers

Mike

Last edited:
Here's some images.....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 142
Sponsored Links
Some more

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    242.3 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 119

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back