Attaching Insulation board to joists

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to put 100mm Insulation between the ceiling joist and cover the whole ceiling with 40mm insulation board.

Can I glue the 40mm boards to the wooden joists? and if so what would I use?

Sponsored Links
Friction fit the 100mm between your joists then screw insulated plasterboard
to your joists.

We partially tack the inso boards then fully fix the plasterboards through both. It is more economical to fix them in two separate layers in any case.

I agree with noseall. I'm doing the exact same thing at the moment abet with 150mm overlay with 12mm. I spoke to celotex technical and they advise just 4 screws to hold in place and then screw through plasterboard and insulation together with 60mm drywall screws (12mm insul +12.5mm plaster + 36mm into rafter.

I suppose glue would work as its a temporary hold until you fix plasterboard over. Cheaper to use screws though. And maybe a few of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tile-Back...f9ff5a&pid=100011&rk=1&rkt=12&sd=201803849804

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back