Attic Light using Old Immersion Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I am getting rid of my old Water Cylinder in afew weeks when moving to gas.

Today I have fitted a light bulb in the attic to a standard switch. Then connected it to the Immersion wiring.

Standard Switch :

This then runs over a 1 meter cable to the old place where the immersion switch used to be I also upgraded it to a 13A Fused switch ::

Now the second switch (Far Right) does turn on and off and the immersion turns on and off however the one on the left (Fused) does not.

Can someone offer me any pointers?

Sponsored Links
Errr

Faulty wiring
Faulty fuse
Faulty neon..

Umm, questions. When you say it does not turn on and off, what do you mean? :-

1. There are no volts coming out of the load side of the FCU (as confirmed by the indication on your two probe test device.

2. The light in the loft doesn't work. In that case, how exactly have you wired the switch. There's no point posting a picture of he switch, we know what they look like! How have you wired it?

3. Something else?

The Load as I see it is the Light Itself? Or is the Load the Electrical Current from the Mains?

Sponsored Links
The load is the light. How have you connected the neutrals?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back