Attic Water Tanks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have an oil fired central heating system that is linked to an emersion tank in the spare bedroom (this tank can also be electically heated).

As it is an ex-authority house, it has two water tanks in the attic, one for the domestic supply, one for the emersion tank.

my question is simple, do i need these tanks in the attic, or can i get a plumber to redirect the pipes so that they are direct from the mains and not via these tanks?

thanks for any help you can give.

Joe :confused:

Sponsored Links
Hot water tank prob wont take mains pressure. and extra pressure may cause leaks in old heating circuit. main ciruit will also need presure release valve and expansion tank so all quite pointless

If the tanks are shot new plastic ones are cheap, and if you want rid of the hot water tank you will have to get a combi boiler and dump the lot.

If the tansk are ok and insulated all should be fine

thanks for that, that kinda clears it all up.

to be honest it's all based on paranoia. i've never liked two tanks of water above my head when i'm sleeping!

cheers

joe :p

Sponsored Links
racingmars said:
to be honest it's all based on paranoia. i've never liked two tanks of water above my head when i'm sleeping!

Think of it this way - The weight of them tanks stops the roof blowing off when the wind gets up :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back