Audi A4 Dipped Beam intermittent problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

I have a Audi 1.8 TFSI 2009. Just recently when driving noticed that that a fault cam cup on the dashboard as " Dipped Beam Fault Right hand drivers side" and the warning sign on the dashboard.

Once car is parked say for an hour the warning does not come on and then suddenly intermittently comes on again.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem maybe? The Light Bulbs seem fine as they do illuminate when faults light does not come on.

Many Thanks

Caesar

Sponsored Links
Are you saying that when the warning is displayed the lights don't work?

Hi Davehearns

Yes thats right when the fault comes up the lights dipped lights do not work on the drivers side. After an hour when car has been stationary, the dipped lights will work again until the same fault appears after a while.

I think I'd start with fitting a new bulb and checking the connections are sound.

Sponsored Links
I'd agree there.....the bulb fail sensor is doing it's job - it can sense the reduction in current when the bulb doesn't light.
John :)

Many thanks Gents

Is this a hard job to replace the driver's side bulb as under the bonnet its all engine! How can the bulb be replaced?

Never looked at an A4 but a mechanic friend tells me there's an Audi where you have to remove the front wing to remove the headlamp! Have you googled Audi A4 headlamp bulb replacement ? Doesn't the drivers handbook tell you the basics?

Back