1999 audi a4 starting problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my 1999 audi a4 avant model has refused to start. i can put on the ignition, all the dash board lights can come up including the one flaging brake fault or something. but when i try to start the engine it wont pick. its behaving as if the battery is down but i had it changed including the fuel pump all to no avail. several local car technicians have tried to rectify the problem. each of them has different opinion. one said the key has expired, the other said the brain needs to be replaced, yet another blamed the air flow. in fact I am confused as it is now.

car that i drove to work in one morning with no sign of any fault, only to refuse to start at the close of business. the most painful thing is that this is my first car. please i really need help.

Sponsored Links
im wondering if its the brake switch up under the foot pedal thats needs replacing,i know on the ford galaxy(vw sharan)the switch can cause no end of trouble from a simple thing,
and as in thinking your car is from the same stable,might be worth a look.
they normally work on a plunger that might need pulling out a bit,BE CAREFUL its plastic.

or have you tried locating the relays and removing/replacing 1 at a time to reseat?

You need to check the obvious things first, whether it's is getting fuel and producing a spark.

If not, then common culprits are ECU relay and fuel pump relay

Sponsored Links
my 1999 audi a4 avant model has refused to start. i can put on the ignition, all the dash board lights can come up including the one flaging brake fault or something. but when i try to start the engine it wont pick. its behaving as if the battery is down but i had it changed including the fuel pump all to no avail. several local car technicians have tried to rectify the problem. each of them has different opinion. one said the key has expired, the other said the brain needs to be replaced, yet another blamed the air flow. in fact I am confused as it is now.

car that i drove to work in one morning with no sign of any fault, only to refuse to start at the close of business. the most painful thing is that this is my first car. please i really need help.

This thread has been for a couple of months but i still believe the people out there still exist. it such a normal thing to have this trouble but the worst thing to when you have to seek for replacement audi engine parts. I have seen ebay but some of the items were confusing. According to the mechanic, there are actually things that could affect the ECU of vehicles like audi and these are the interior parts like the fuel tank. sometimes would encounter starting issues especially if the tank got bloated or rusted as some time.

03a4blackt.JPG
[/url]

Back