Audible warning in 30 limit between 11:30 pm and 7 am.

Where I work before moving a vehicle the horn or whistle must be sounded, however it is not required to continual sound it, only just before moving it.

To drive with the engine or boiler behind the driver gives a much better view, however no turn tables so can't turn the whole engine around even if we wanted to. OK our vehicles are on rails, but the audible warning is driver selected. And there are places where due to noise problems special permission is given to not sound the audible warning.

A wagon designed to travel 99% of the time in one direction where view in other direction very limited I can see how audible warning when reversing is required. But a road roller is designed to run 50% of the time in each direction same as railway engine, there is in real terms no reverse, in fact common to have seat sidewards. Same with the forklift I drove, sacred the living daylights out of me when I flicked a switch and the seat, steering wheel, and peddles and me of course rotated 180°.

Lucky wide open space.

Even the paver there is better view to rear than to front, specially when pushing the wagon in front of it.

When doing work like re-servicing the road there should be banks men, so no need for reversing beeper.

Sponsored Links
Back