Halstead Best 60 Overheat - Update

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My best 60 switched itself with overheat and temp ignition lockout both lit this morning. A week ago the entire sytsem was drained and boiler silencer was added as well as inhibitor. I reset it and it came on as normal.

The kettling still exists, although I'm told it doesnt sound too loud. It seems to always overheat when the hot water is on. We have seperate CH and HW controls (even though its not a combi but a normal boiler).

We have a thermostat controlling the boilder in our main living area and hence the CH is always on. We just switch teh thermo up when it gets cold and switch it off at night by turning it down. Thw ater kicks in at 5:30 am and switches off at 7:30 am and again at 3:30 pm and off at 5:30 pm.

Our timer is a drayton LP112. Could I flick the switch under the unit to make it a single control system as at this time of year I dont want HW on its own. I would rather the CH heat the water too.

Any help is appreciated. I need to stop it overheating.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back