Valiant echo tech 624 rad sysmbol always on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Valiant echo tech plus 624 system boiler controlled by honeywell
rad symbol always on, is this normal ?
and also internal pump comes on and off automatically on its own is this normal ?

this happens when both HW & CH are both off in honeywell central heating
and HW & CH works as expected when we switch them on
Its constant running of boiler insp9ite of all controllers are off is bit worrying

Sponsored Links
Does the boiler fire up periodically as well? Are the pipes near it warm?

Hi it’s most probably one of your 2 port valve stuck in the on position, try turning the power off and back on again.

Boiler works as expected CH & HW works by honeywell controller. no issue there i can switch on & off
Problem is boiler constantly running ( with rad symbol permanently on & pump coming on & off ) without any demand
i have turned the power on and off multiple times both the boiler & honeywell controller no luck.
two port value might be the issue but what puzzling is i can control HW & CH via the controller .
somehow boiler is receiving the signal from somewhere to keep spinning.

Sponsored Links
Could be wiring issue or the 2/3 port. As per muggles, does anything get warm? Does the boiler fire up or just the pump running?

nothing gets warm, everything stays normal and boiler doesn't fire up its just the pump running constantly and rad symbol stays on permanently inspite of all controllers are off

nothing gets warm, everything stays normal and boiler doesn't fire up its just the pump running constantly and rad symbol stays on permanently inspite of all controllers are off

Has this just started or have you had any work carried out recently?

You know what! Seems that most people these days work in IT and as such they just can't help swapping PCB's out on boilers, with no idea why they're doing so! It's all I read on this (and other) heating forums :rolleyes:

Boiler had f22 error so gas engineer replaced pcb that fix the f22 error however boiler is constantly running at the background

@picasso I am not sure about 24v connection to pcb as it was replaced by gas engineer do you think this might have caused the problem ?

Boiler had f22 error so gas engineer replaced pcb that fix the f22 error however boiler is constantly running at the background
- not sure why pcb was changed for this error code :confused::confused:

I am not sure about 24v connection to pcb as it was replaced by gas engineer do you think this might have caused the problem ?
- could be

Front display panel I see s.0 code no heat demand but still pump is running very confused

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back