audio on cctv dvr system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.i am looking to add some audio to my dvr which has 4 audio inputs.
i am going to attach mics which are available from ebay for a couple of pounds(are these suitable or are there some better ones out there).
i would like to know if the audio to these dvrs can be heard live over the internet?can the audio be heard on playback over the internet? do i need to attach a separate piece of equipment to the audio output of the dvr to hear the sound?the dvr has a HDMI connection,can this play the sound from the dvr?

ITS AN APOLLO HD SERIES.
16 CHANNEL EMBEDDED STANDALONE DVR

thanks

Sponsored Links
You will probably need a microphone with a pre-amplifier, depending on your DVR. If it's an AVtech then you definately need a pre-amp version.

Audio streaming via internet and playback will depend on the DVR, if it supports it then it works fine but is reliant on your connection.

Post the make/model number and then I or someone else can add some more.

You will probably need a microphone with a pre-amplifier, depending on your DVR. If it's an AVtech then you definately need a pre-amp version.

Audio streaming via internet and playback will depend on the DVR, if it supports it then it works fine but is reliant on your connection.

Post the make/model number and then I or someone else can add some more.

its APOLLO HD SERIES 16 CHANNEL EMBEDDED STANDALONE DVR

We use Apollo's, theyre a cracking basic dvr on a budget. Sadly they are let down a bit by their audio side of thing. Sorry.

i would like to know if the audio to these dvrs can be heard live over the internet? - Yes

can the audio be heard on playback over the internet? - Almost certain, 99.9% you can.

do i need to attach a separate piece of equipment to the audio output of the dvr to hear the sound? - Powered speakers, headphones, etc will allow you to hear on site, sadly you only get audio output when the associated camera is full screen.

HDMI connection,can this play the sound from the dvr? - No, audio does not work over HDMI.

Sponsored Links
We use Apollo's, theyre a cracking basic dvr on a budget. Sadly they are let down a bit by their audio side of thing. Sorry.

i would like to know if the audio to these dvrs can be heard live over the internet? - Yes

can the audio be heard on playback over the internet? - Almost certain, 99.9% you can.

do i need to attach a separate piece of equipment to the audio output of the dvr to hear the sound? - Powered speakers, headphones, etc will allow you to hear on site, sadly you only get audio output when the associated camera is full screen.

HDMI connection,can this play the sound from the dvr? - No, audio does not work over HDMI.

hi.thanks for the reply .i am using these mics(http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150847873092?var=450088654719&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649) are they suitble?or is there something better out there?

while monitoring the sound over the internet its very noisy and all i can really hear is a loud hmmm.not sure what the problem could be.the mics are picking up sound but its barely audible,considering they advertise these mics to pick up sound from 20 meters.i haven't tried using speakers onsite yet but will do shortly and post the results.
is there any configuration settings that need tweaking?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back