Auto Air Vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just about to fit an auto air vent to my halstead quattro boiler.... my question is do i close the vent or leave it open a little ??? :eek:

Sponsored Links
hi rains, as it's an auto air vent, you should leave the venting cap open. The float will lift when air pressure hits it and drop when water gets there. Unfortunatly over time, the mechanism may stick ( due to dirt and sludge stopping the float moving up and down ) and lead to water passing through the vent, but this shouldn't happen for quite a while......... :)

hi rains, as it's an auto air vent, you should leave the venting cap open. The float will lift when air pressure hits it and drop when water gets there. Unfortunatly over time, the mechanism may stick ( due to dirt and sludge stopping the float moving up and down ) and lead to water passing through the vent, but this shouldn't happen for quite a while......... :)

Thanks for the reply, i have left it just slightly unscrewed.

Sponsored Links
are u fitting it on the primary flow (near your hot water cylinder feed) - the highest point in the circuit?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back