Auto Bypass Valve Stuck Open?

Yeah I know what you mean about the weather. I don’t want to risk it either really.
I turned it a bit passed 6. Maybe to what would be 7 then thought better of it and turned it back.

The Honeywell instructions actually say:

Important: Do not screw the setting position beyond position 6. Damage to the ABV will result!

Sponsored Links
Yeah I didn’t know that when I turned it to “7” but it was already stuck open before I did it. I’ve actually just tried turning it back to 1 where there is meant to be a stop but it went straight past back to 6 then 5. I don’t know what’s going on with it but I’m definitely going to get a new one.

Sponsored Links
This was posted about the DU145 a few years ago.

“I spoke to Honeywell tech support and they confirmed:

Removed red knob and dial.
Push knob back on and turn knob ANTICLOCKWISE until end stop (this can take quite a few turns).
This is setting 1.
Replace knob with dial on setting 1.
Turn knob CLOCKWISE to desired setting (about 2.5 complete turns of the dial to move 1 unit).”

I’m wondering why mine didn’t stop when it got to 1. Could the plastic knob have rounded off inside so it’s not actually turning anything? There’s another pipe right in front of the red knob otherwise I would remove it to have a look.
F5687FAA-A59C-4B92-8F6A-3AE7DEB7F0DD.jpeg

Removed red knob and dial.
Push knob back on and turn knob ANTICLOCKWISE until end stop (this can take quite a few turns).
This is setting 1.
Replace knob with dial on setting 1.
Turn knob CLOCKWISE to desired setting (about 2.5 complete turns of the dial to move 1 unit).”

I’m wondering why mine didn’t stop when it got to 1.
Maybe the dial was not set correctly when the knob was replaced.

It looks as if you will need a new valve.

Finally got around to changing this abv today. The old one was indeed broken as there’s no resistance at all no matter what the knob is set too. New one fitted and the return pipe doesn’t get hot straight away now when set to 6 but it did when I wound it down to 1. Just need to work out what to set it at now.

Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back