Intergas boiler auto bypass valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am having intergas boiler fitted to a sealed system. It says I need to have an auto bypass valve fitted. My current boiler has it builtin. Do i need to still have an auto bypass valve fitted if I have 3 radiators without trvs?

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I am having intergas boiler fitted to a sealed system. It says I need to have an auto bypass valve fitted. My current boiler has it builtin. Do i need to still have an auto bypass valve fitted if I have 3 radiators without trvs?

cant think of one good reason why you should :p

Sponsored Links
In that case you probably won't need a bypass as there is always an open circuit for the water to circulate. In any case Intergas say:

"If all radiators are equipped with thermostatic or radiator valves, an auto bypass must be fitted in order to guarantee minimum water circulation."

So, according to Intergas, you don't need one.

However, why do you have three radiators without TRVs?

That is how they have been installed 15 years ago. They are all in the corridor.

Haven't got a room thermostat, only a timer. The corridor includes the one up stairs in the corridor.

Haven't got a room thermostat, only a timer. The corridor includes the one up stairs in the corridor.
I take that to mean that you don't have a stat in the downstairs corridor, but do have one in the upstairs corridor.

That's OK as heat rises, but the downstairs corridor must get fairly warm!

I don't have one upstairs either. The people who fitted the boiler those many years ago didn't fit a room thermostat anywhere in the house.

I don't have one upstairs either. The people who fitted the boiler those many years ago didn't fit a room thermostat anywhere in the house.
You really should have one. It will save you money on the gas bill, apart from now being a Building Regulation requirement for new installations.

The best option is probably a Honeywell CM927 Wireless Programmable Thermostat. This way you will not have to run a cable from the thermostat to the boiler.

Intergas boilers can take an openthem room stat, if your willing to run a cable(can be very thin cable as it only low voltage and the stat runs off battery) then you can install something the the isense.

also can install an outside sensor to give you weather compensation as well.

controls can help you get better grip of your heating and help save money

Hi,
Don't worry about it, your registered gas installer will know exactly what to do

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back