auto gear change rough ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have a vauxhall corsa automatic am feeling a slight jolt moving between 1st and 2nd gear all other changes are nice and smooth can anyone tell me what the problem is (could be) and how i can cure. thanks tony

Sponsored Links
How old is car?Check to see if there is vacuum tube going from inlet manifold to side of gearbox,(rubber pipe)may be split or blocked.

The bands in the box are shot due to lack of servicing, will get worse. Needs a replacement box...

its a 97 corsa been regually serviced. thanx kilovolt ill check the vacuum pipe

Sponsored Links
A change of autobox fluid usually makes a big difference. If you are a competent DIYer, take the sump pan off, clean the very fine filter and remove any swarf/debris from the magnetic blocks in the pan. However, you will not be able to change all the fluid as some will remain in the torque converter. The colour of the existing fluid will give an indication of it's condition, ie, brown instead of crimson indicates the need for a change.
Your symptoms might indicate that the autobox internal pump may be starved on it's suction side, hence the need for a filter clean and fresh oil

Back