Automatic air vent for shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have just ordered a salamander CT50 to install a shower, I have managed to figure out the plumbing on the supply side of things, but am unsure about the need for an auto air vent on the output. The pump is situated at the bottom of the hot water cylinder and the pipes need to go up into the attic space, along and down into the shower. the diagrams say i need air vents to both the hot and cold output. Do these need to be at any level relevant to the cold water storage tank? or simply just at the highest point of the plumbing in the attic ?

I was also wondering if it would be as feasible to simply hide the pipework behind the skirting board and rather than take the pipe work into the attic, have an inverted loop above the pump and run the pipes at ground level ? would this also require the use of air vents ?

I am worried that if the air vents are situated in the attic they will be in a difficult place to reach, and i have read that they will need replacing over time and can leak....this would obviously damage the plasterboard on the ceiling...??

Any help would be greatly appriciated !!

Sponsored Links
Skirting level - with a couple of manual vents above pump ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back