Automatic air vent on alpha 240p

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace the automatic air vent on my Alpha 240p boiler as it has obviously been leaking, and doesn't seem to be letting the air out.

I bought a replacement that apparently is the genunine part:

http://www.hccfspares.com/PhotoViewer.aspx?Product_Auto_ID=1114838&Manufacture_Name=ALPHA

However it doesn't fit - the exisiting one looks like this:

http://www.avenuesupplies.com/index...eating+And+Drainage+Heating+Replacement+Parts

Note the old type has a bit that looks like a nut on the bottom - this fits into a recess in the pump and allows the oring to make contact. On the new one the base is just flat, but too big to fit into the recess on the pump so the o-ring is never in contact with anything.

So my question is this - can I just buy any automatic air vent, assuming it fits and is rated at the correct pressure and temp? Or is there something I am missing? The cheapest ones are only about £5!

Thanks in advance - you guys were spot on with my last problem!

Matt

Sponsored Links
I've spoken to alpha and they just say that I have the correct part and therefore it will fit. They apparently changed the part as the old one is no longer in production. Alpha saying it will fit when it clearly doesn't hasn't really helped though...

halstead use the same aav, but i ant got a part no to hand.. id fit more or less any as long as it'll fits!

Sponsored Links
I've spoken to alpha and they just say that I have the correct part and therefore it will fit. They apparently changed the part as the old one is no longer in production.

Complete b*****ks from Alpha. The aav on your boiler is a very common valve manufactured by Calleffi and is used on several other boilers. I buy them in bulk from my local merchant. Just go into any boiler spares merchant to obtain one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back