Automatic Air Vents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

has anyone tried to install automatic air vents on the radiators, and are they worth it?

And can one find them for the old school size radiator.

Background...
I bought a house in Continental Europe last year, and everybody has advised me to keep the old radiators as they bring more heat into the house (they are needed here).

My problem thought is that the system does require a lot of bleeding (so every few days, which is a real a pain).

I have seen automatic air vents for what is cheap money 5 pounds per unit, the only problem is if I can fit them in and if they are actualy worth the money and time of installation.

Cheers,
G.
:D

Sponsored Links
A healthy system should hardly ever require bleeding, the only reasons you need to bleed off air / gas is a leak, air being sucked in or hydrogen being formed from the radiator corrosion. If you treat these problems you wont need to bleed your rads. I don't know if they are any good, I ordered a pack of them which are still sat in the van since last year, I don't fancy using them because any automatic vent will leak at some point and I don't fancy them doing it when I'm not there. Not a very good idea for combis either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back