Automatic water pump for sink waste?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I wish to put a sink in my kitchen island, but will really struggle with enough fall on the waste pipe to the drain outside.

My question is, is there a cost-effective simple automatic water pump solution for a situation like this?

I don't intend to push anything big and nasty down the sink, so don't need a macerator. It just needs to be quiet, small, subtle and able to pump over a 3-4 meter distance when a certain water level gets hit.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Ahh yes, that's the exact kind of thing. With the need for only one low-flow connection, my challenge to you now is finding one that is even smaller and quieter!

There doesn't seem to be the mass-market I expected for these things, so it's hard to find an online shop page with a big selection.
You will not find a suitable pump smaller and quieter and the one in the link is only suitable under certain conditions. Whilst you are correct re a macerator these manufactures produce water pumps, happy hunting. (y)

Sponsored Links
Hello,

I wish to put a sink in my kitchen island, but will really struggle with enough fall on the waste pipe to the drain outside.

I don't intend to push anything big and nasty down the sink, so don't need a macerator. It just needs to be quiet, small, subtle and able to pump over a 3-4 meter distance when a certain water level gets hit.

Thanks!
Word to the wise, be sure to have it cleaned out or buy one you can clean yourself. Tea, coffee, sugar, fruit juice, gravy, oil, grease etc will in time create something worse smelling than what you would expect to find in a toilet macerator pump. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back