Questions about condensate waste from boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm about to get central heating fitted and also a new kitchen. The boiler will be fitted under a normal sized kitchen unit (860mm high) and hence needs a condensate pump to pump the waste into the waste pipe/trap as the boiler will be below the height of the waste pipe so gravity can't do it's thing. My question is: Over what distance will a condensate pump be able to pump the waste and hence how far away from the boiler will I be able to have my sink. My ideal situation is boiler on far left of kitchen and sink/waste pipe on far right. This will mean i don't have to run a waste pipe behind all the units and can keep my current pipe work.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Oliver

Sponsored Links
The pump should be able to cope.

However, unless it is a boiler designed to be floor standing, putting it under a kitchen worktop is a real nightmare for future servicing.

Thanks very much for such a quick reply. So say 5m distance should be alright? Unfortunately the windows in my flat don't have enough clearance to put a flue, if the boiler is wall mounted so I will have deal with difficult servicing! not ideal!

Sponsored Links
Glowworm flexicom 24cx, pretty much all that I can fit because of the rear flue. And the flats too tiny to need a powerful floor standing model

You need 870 minimum for that boiler with a rear flue. I suggest you have a chat with your installer and have a re think.

Can it not go above the worktop and use a plume diverter kit or vertical flue ? Thats if your on the top flat ;) You can then build a cupboard around the boiler. You need to leave certain clearances above and below the boiler.

I'm not sure where you're proposing the condense pup is fitted as it needs to be below the boiler.

if you fit a flexicom within 150mm of the floor replacing the DV and a couple of over repairs become impossible without taking the boiler off the wall. So be prepared for quite hefty future repair bills

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back