Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hope someone can help, I recently bought an Avaya 1140e running SIP04.04.14.00 and need to downgrade it to SIP1140e02.02.21.00 so it can register on my PBX system, I can get it to communicate through the TFTP server and it takes the .cfg file but it wont take the .bin file and update, does anyone have experience with this process and could offer any advice?

Thanks

Josh

Sponsored Links
I know zero about avaya phone's, now if it was a mitel... Doe's it have enough space available on the device for the bin? Maybe rename the bin and remove dot's? Doe's it error at all?

Hi Carlos74,

I've tried that, it seems the problem I'm having is I need to disable the extended licence requirement. How well do Mitel's 5224's play with Asterisk on SIP? how easy are they to convert to SIP?

Josh

Sponsored Links
I've only played with Mitel's with Mitel controllers at work, all proprietary kit. Remote user's all use Mitel teleworker to connect back to our mbg etc. I'm no voice expert, hopefully someone will come along and be able to help you. Can you get any help from asterix or their forum.

Curious how you get on, I'm looking at a spare 5340e now, never thought about possibly using at home.

Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.

Carl

Might have to have a look into mitel on sip... I've looked on asterisk's forum to no avail... I'll let you know how it works out, The asterisk system is quite good, I have it running on an Rpi and it works great, the only issue I have is my TFTP server

Josh

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back